Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ladies, what is the advantage of a sanitary belt? They seem to be coming back with younger women?

I'm reading articles about how they are coming back into style, use, etc. I see them on eBay. There must be some advantage. Please no angry pad-hating tampon user comments... this is for women who can explain why they are gaining popularity again. There must be *some* reason.


There is no pros to these belts .. they make you look fat.

I would not want to use one, especially since I dislike pads. I have to use them since I had my son because tampons are so uncomfortable since the baby and for a person who has used tampons since age 12, it kinda sucks! But anyways, I have read it is because it is snug, does not stick to you as pads sometimes can, does not bunch, no leaks etc. So for people that are unconfortable in tampons, it may be a better choice. I am hoping to go back to tampons. I'm not an angry pad hater, though:).

I, too, am astonished to learn that anyone even makes these, let alone that they're coming back into popularity. So I'll be watching this to see if anyone can give the answer :)

Someone's suggestion about it being for eco-friendly washable and reusable pads seems sensible, and I wonder whether some people (such as me) who find that pads shift and bunch up (not that I'm a fan of pads but sometimes when there's a lot of flow, needs must) would find that this held them in place more securely? Not that I know a thing about it; just putting out guesses here! Hope you find out :)

I found one on Amazon..lolz

http://www.amazon.com/Duro-Med-Plush-Elastic-Sanitary-Carton/dp/B000FH99DC

I've heard of Diva cups and mother type of menstruation cups becoming pretty popular, but it seems like these sanitary belts are from the 1940's! I think anything from that time period is probably not coming back in style anytime soon...heh

Yea its in the wrong section. But do you mean sanitary napkin or pad. I never heard it called a belt before.

I dont know why. I do know I always used tampons until giving birth. And being pregnant causes no bleeding.

Sometimes, all a girl really wants is a matress under her achey groin!

If that means strapping herself into a device that looks like something from a medieval torture museum..then a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

I'm not 100% sure what it actually is but if it's to replace disposable pads it may have something to do being more eco-friendly??? Sort of like the Diva cup or something

weird...

maybe for girls who don't like pantylines but have their period?

Gross, I'm not a pad hater, i wear them at night. But i prefer Tampons during the day! (Plus, still no pantylines!)

very interesting question. I've used pads for 25 years. Because tampons can cause toxic shock syndrome. NO TY! The belt helps keep the pad in place.

0 comments:

  © women belt Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP