Tuesday, September 15, 2009

There is a belt called pulvic support belt. does it have another name?

my sister suffers from pubis disfunction when she give birth to her baby a week ago. she has a lots of pain around pubis, that she could not roll over, could not sit up, it is really tough, so my brother-in-law not only has to look after the baby, but also my sister. And the dry nurse says there is a belt which is special for the women with pubis separation after giving birth.

thank you for help everybody!


The belly belt / Maternity belt

http://www.bloomingmarvellous.co.uk/product.aspx?CategoryID=Maternity&ProductID=1407&language=en-GB

I had this and got one from Blooming Marvelous. I needed to have the size up from my normal size towards the end. Be aware that it needs to go really low around your hips rather than holding up the bump. It was a friend who was a physio that told me this and my mid wife was not aware of this. I had to show her.

Also your sister may be able to get a referral to a physio to help her manage her mobility - like getting in and out of bed - in the least painful way. It depends where you life as to how much help you PCT gives you.

Don't let her be scared by the stoies from the PSD groups out there. For the vast majority of people it will go after the birth with no ongoing symptoms.

Pelvic support belt. I also wonder if a pregnancy support belt would work (used for the same thing during pregnancy). You can look here:

http://shop.nurturecenter.com/supportbelts.html

Good luck! I know how painful it can be. It might take a few weeks to heal, but it will be over before she knows it.

0 comments:

  © women belt Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP