Saturday, August 22, 2009

Women, do you remember the old sanitary belt, before they invented the self adhesive pads.?

Anyway is anybody reminded of these when they see the young girls showing their thong above their pants. We would have died rather than had something like this showing. It just reminds me of that. LOL.


I preferred the old sanitary belts. They stayed in place better.

As for thongs, I never got the cloth in the butt thing to begin with. It is panties for me, panties that do not show!

The crazy thing was I was in the hospital when I first got mine & they brought out the whole contraption. That blew my mind because this was a technologically advanced hospital & they had these things when the self-adhesive ones were already on the market & widely used (this was the 70s). I was thinking, Dang, I've got regular peel & stick pads at home... It still makes no sense why the hospital had the 'other version'. My mom went to a local store & bought some regular ones for me, lol. The older contraption was a real hassle.

As for the thongs, the ones w/decorative things showing above the back of the jeans don't bother me too much. I don't care for the strings on either side of the hips pulled up, tho. I'm just not a thong person. I try to get underwear out of there...don't know why they made it to specifically fit in there...they're too uncomfortable for me.

Back in the 70s I like hip-huggers, but the extremely low rise jeans...I'm not a big fan. Muffin tops. Crack. They're not an attractive booty fit...

Yes, that was a very awkward time for me. I hated those belts. I think the girls love to show the thongs, why else would they wear low-cut jeans with them? I worked in a college dorm for a few years, it embarrassed me to see that when they bent down to pick up something, and yes I guess it reminded me of napkin belts.

OMG I had forgotten about those hideous things. My grandmother bought me the first one I ever owned and she said "She's is a Young Lady now" and needs these things. NOT!! I hated them. The young ladies of today have it easy compared to us. Lord knows I pinned them, and wore the sanitary panties to and nothing worked. Maybe that's why I never wore thong under wear. Thanks for that memory LOL.

Ha ha ha. Those were the days....NOT. I remember when they came out with a big "breakthrough" and sold underpants with just the clip things attached front and back. That way you did not have to wear the belt and underwear too. It was an all-in-one. Trouble was they lined the crotch with plastic for extra security, and I'll tell ya, just try wearing those on a hot summer day!!!

I always felt like somebody had pinned a tail on me. I hated those.

No, I think those little thong panties are really sexy. What I wouldn't give to have my 20 something body back again so I could strut my stuff! I was too shy to do it when I was young and COULD!

If I tried to strut now, I'm afraid I'd break something.

How dare you to bring up such a horrible torturous memory !!! LOL Gee and to think so many of us had to wear those horrible things. I don't think I could wear a thong. I'd feel like my panties had been torn in half. Thank goodness I can wear my "granny panties" as my grands call them. The best thing is we survived those old contraptions. Thanks for the smile

I remember my mom sending me to the store to get a box of them one time, emergency ! She ripped the side of the empty box and told me to match the color. I was not embarrased until I realized what they was. That was days later ! Anything for my mom !

Oh my hat! To show any underwear was a total embarrassment.

When I was young just started work in a very big mixed office, went to the toilet and my skirt had got caught in my pants. I walked the full length of a very long office like that. I wanted to leave!

Oh! Weren't those things awful! Instruments of torture!

Girls today don't know how good they have it. I am reminded of the stories my mother told of the days before they even had pads. Used rags, washed them out. (YUCK!)

Oh yes, what horrible memories that brings back ! When I look at the feminine section at the supermarket, I think of how fortunate young women are today, they have so many choices and every choice is a nice one.

Yes, I remember being so horrified that with technology as far along as it was, that women were still using something so primitive. That was not the 'good old days'.

OMG! what a nightmare they were especially sitting down ouch! I think they were worse than having our "Friend" gee I wonder where that gem term originated lol thanks for the memory I have to call my girlfriend & give her a memory jolt too thanks again lol

Sorry,that brought a wry smile to my face,but Self adhesive pads brings visions of the 'velcro' effect'

I rember my gaffer doing a little fidgeting and occasional discreet adjustment

Yes I do and my grand daughters thought I was crazy explaining how they were made. They said Yuck ! But hold it ...don't they all 3 wear thongs, why yes they do. Soooo whats the difference I guess thong are sexier.

Don't remind me. I hated to have to wear those. But no choices were

available back then. They were a necessary evil, in their day.

I do remember. They were a pain in the - you know what.

I wouldn't wear a thong either - I see no difference.

DeeJay.

Yes I remember wearing the belt! Also wearing a garter belt to hold up my fish net stockings! It was horrible - had to be a man that invented it huh? Thank God those days are over. lol

LOL! I've thought the same thing! And I DO remember those horrible things. Yuck. Form of torture, IMO.

OH NO, I thought I had erased those memories. Thanks for bringing them back. LOL

Never forget them!

THey were horrible never felt safe wearing them and wernt the towels thick and bulky

what a mess...imagine going through security at the airport!!

0 comments:

  © women belt Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP